Monday, May 21, 2012

Amazing Vegetable Box from Midnight Sun Farm - CSA Shares


   After reading The Gorgeously Green Diet by Sophie Uliano, I looked up the Community Shared Agriculture programs in my area.  I signed up for a half share at Midnight Sun Farm.  I'm thrilled that they have a work share program where I will start working this week to earn my veggies!
   The first box I received was filled to the brim with delicious produce!  So far we've been working our way through its contents.  Their weekly newsletter even came with serving suggestions and recipes that feature this week's harvest.  I am very impressed and excited to be a part of this!  This is what I received this week:

  • One huge bundle arugula
  • Bag salad/lettuce mix
  • Winter spinach
  • Two lettuce heads
  • Mustard greens mix (ranging in flavor from mild to spicy),
  • 3 Baby bok choy
  • 3 Leeks/green onions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment